Information for speakers
- Please use the following link to upload your backup video:
- Please note that your presentation will be recorded and stored during the conference. For this purpose, a declaration of consent is needed, you can find the declaration of consent here: https://ifk2020.com/wp-content/uploads/IFK2020-Declaration-of-consent.pdf.
- Please send us your signed declaration of consent before the conference to the following email adress: email@example.com.
Full Paper Submission
To all those who contributed to the conference: Thank you very much for your excellent work!
The full paper submission is over. Further information on the submitted papers can be found here:
Guideline for recording a presentation
as previously announced, the presentations will be held live on an online platform. To ensure a trouble-free flow of presentations in case of a poor connection or network disruptions, we ask you to send us your presentations in video format two weeks before the conference as a backup. In the following, you find the requirements for the video and a “how-to” guideline for recording a presentation using standard and freeware tools.
Requirements for the video:
- The video length must not exceed the planned length of your live presentation.
- The presentations on the symposium will be 20 minutes, on the conference day 15 minutes long.
- The duration of An overview lecture is 30 minutes.
- The required video format is MP4.
- The required video quality is Full-HD (1080p).
- The speakers should be visible during the presentation within the video frame.
Below you find a small list of recommended programs for video and/or audio recording that could be recommended for your video. Of course, you are not limited to these programs as long as you meet the requirements of the video mentioned above.
- PowerPoint is one of the simplest possibilities to create a video.
Record narration and timings: Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show. When you are ready, select Record and start speaking. To record from a specific slide, go to it, and then select Record.
Remove narration or timings: An audio icon appears on a slide when narration’s available. You can also remove narration or timings from your slide.
Save a recording: When you are done recording, save, and share your presentation as a video.
Further information on video recording in PowerPoint can be found e.g. at Microsoft support pages:
The special features of video recording may differ depending on your actual PowerPoint version. Don’t forget that is also possible to record the movements of a laser pointer during the presentation.
- Captura allows both screen recording and voice recording (also records the mouse tracking, clicks, etc.).
- Audacity is suitable for recording the audio track alone and for its editing (e.g. cutting, noise filtering).
- VLC Player can be used to convert the videos before inserting them into PowerPoint and, if necessary, to reduce the video size.
- For Apple Mac users, QuickTime also can be used.
An external microphone is recommended, as it improves the sound quality and reduces background noises considerably. A webcam video of the presenter during the presentation can also be recorded in PowerPoint.
Please note that the lectures and sessions will be recorded and stored during the conference.
Full Paper Preparation
Once your draft has been accepted for publication, you will be asked to submit a final work for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Please note the following.
- The full-length paper should have a maximum length of 10 pages.
- The formatting of your paper should be according to the layout guidelines you can find in the provided template.
- The full paper should be submitted through your conference author account in docx and pdf format.
Presentation and Poster formatting
The templates for presentations and posters can be downloaded here.
- The presentations on the symposium (on Monday) will be 20 minutes long plus 5 minutes of discussion.
- The presentations on the conference days (Tuesday and Wednesday) will be 15 minutes long plus 5 minutes of discussion.
- The presentations of the overview lectures will be 30 minutes including discussion.
*In case of using internet explorer please use the following link to download the templates:
Optional peer review possibility
For further informations about the peer review process, please expand this menu:
The IFK is traditionally a colloquium where both scientists and representatives of industry come together to exchange their knowledge and experience. Accordingly, a peer review is only meaningful for some of the speakers, with the associated additional effort for both sides. If you wish to have your paper peer reviewed, please check the appropriate box in the paper submission form. In the case that your paper does not stand up to the review, your paper can unfortunately not be published at the IFK.
If you don’t choose a peer review there will still be an internal review based on formatting, picture quality and plausibility on your contribution.
Peer review criteria
- Does the paper title match the content?
- Are novelty and scientific or industrial relevance well established?
- Is the paper comprehensible and logical concluded?
- Are the results properly validated?
- Are other publications quoted in a correct manner?
- How do you judge language and grammar?
- Are the presented figures comprehensible and do they support the content?
- Is this paper a first publication?
These aspects serve as orientation for the evaluation and do not claim to be complete.
Peer review timetable
18 November – 13 December First Review
13 December – 10 January Incorporation of the comments by the authors
10 January – 24 January Second Review
GFPS best paper award
The GFPS best paper award is given to authors of papers recognized for outstanding work in fluid power, in both the manuscript preparation and the conference presentation. The conference organizers will select a number of papers candidate for the award from the results of the paper review process. Therefore only peer-reviewed contributions will be considered for the GFPS best paper award. A GFPS delegation will review the selected manuscripts and attend the presentation of each candidate paper. The best paper will be selected on the basis of originality, rigorousness, and technical contents of the manuscript and the quality of the presentation. The presenting author will receive a monetary prize and a certificate.
Please note, that all publications are going to be publishied on QUCOSA. It provides a free publication and long-term archiving service for scientific documents.
In case of any technical problems, feel free to contact us:firstname.lastname@example.org.